Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Winter Poem


THE SOUND OF SNOW
 
Softly it falls upon branches
Softly it covers my roof
Floating, dancing, falling,
Striking ground, tree, blades of grass
Quiet muffler of noisy streets
I listen
I listen
As it dances down past the streetlights,
The tall trees, past my foot
Dancing downward,
downward
I listen for it’s sound to strike the chords of air
Announcing it’s landing
It’s resting on the branch
Upon the blade, upon the ground
Upon my face
Softly falls the snow this winter’s whisper
Without voice, a beautiful mute,
Voiceless singer
Stillness,
peaceful blanket of white
I listen, listen
For the sound of snow




Copyright © 2010 by Patty Hicks

All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including printing, recording or by any information storage and retrieval system without written permission from the author, except for the inclusion of brief quotations in a review. All reviews must include author's name and a link back to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment